Fantastical Food Fight: BLT Salad

  I love being a part of  the Fantastical Food Fight This is a great group I joined at the end of last year, that has a different theme each month and bloggers can either choose to participate or not. For example, next month is Cherry Cobbler. I probably won't participate...the only way I like cherries are fresh...lol. So it's really a great group.

 This months theme was BLT's and I LOVE a good BLT. However, I had recently posted a recipe for a BLTA sandwich and one of the rules is it has to be new to the blog. "Hmmmm....what could I do to change it up a bit". We've (hubby and I) been trying to cut back on carbs and so I decided to do a BLT salad, and wouldn't you know, the other two in the house really wanted it in sandwich form, so I made them sandwiches and I stuck with the salad. It was great, lighter than a sandwich, but still filling.

So, let's get on with it. It's been one of those days and I'm ready for bed, so I'll just keep it short and sweet. 

Ingredients:

Romaine Lettuce, chopped
Bacon, cooked and chopped
Diced Tomatoes
croutons, store bought or homemade
Dressing (I made an avocado ranch because we love avocado on our BLT's)
     *1 1/2 avocado
     *1/2-1 c. ranch
     *garlic powder, pepper, touch of salt to taste
(combine all dressing ingredients)
Instructions:

Simple and sweet....layer all your ingredients. Top with dressing. 







With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

  1. I would have loved to join you having this salad.....who would want a sandwich when this salad looks so gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great riff on a BLT! I'd totally enjoy this salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good...almost healthy...cough, cough, cough...lettuce counts as healthy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the best way to enjoy a salad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts