Mock Buffalo Wild Wings Wing Night

My oldest and her friends love going to Buffalo Wild Wings. If you don't know what that is, check out the link above. In a nutshell it is a restaurant that is especially known for it's "wings" and their variety of rubs and sauces. 

Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar is an American casual dining restaurant and sports bar franchise in the United States, Canada and México that is known for its Buffalo wings and sauces.

A month or so ago,  I came home to my daughter telling me that she and her friend were going to be making wings at home for their group of friends and could I please check her recipe and let her know what she needed to buy. It doesn't happen often, but I love when she decides to cook and even better when she has her friends over. 

She searched the internet for the recipes she wanted to make. In the end she decided to use our own homemade BBQ sauce recipe, a recipe she found online for Parmesan Garlic wings and then she bought a hot wing and teriyaki sauce from the store just to save some time.

Oh my goodness! My faves were the parmesan garlic and we've made them several times since then, along with the BBQ sauce. The recipe for the parmesan garlic came from the website Raining Hot Coupons. I don't know where it originated because I saw similar ones elsewhere on the net, but they get the credit tonight. These were the bomb! Serious competition with the real deal. There is nothing quite as fun as knowing you made a favorite restaurant dish from scratch...and probably with less ingredients. 

We served these with sides of celery and carrot sticks as well as Bleu Cheese and Ranch Dressing. Dipping the wings in the dressing helps to cool the heat (spiciness) of the wings. It makes the flavor pop. The downside of wings is it takes a lot and the ones I bought at Safeway weren't separated so that was a bit time consuming. Yes, I could've just left them together, but that's not how the restaurant does it..lol. **NEW NOTE: If you buy the Organic wings at Costco, they are already split. YES!!!


These are great for anytime...game time, meal time, snack time, potlucks. I did mine a little different than the recipe, but used all the ingredients. The sauce could also be used on any form of chicken.

NOTE: I doubled this recipe because I wanted it saucy. 




Parmesan Garlic Wings
Courtesy of Raining Hot Coupons

Ingredients:

6 cloves garlic, peeled
2 Tbs. Olive oil
1/2 c. mayonnaise or plain yogurt (I used mayonaise)
1 Tbs. corn syrup
2 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 350.
2. In a small baking dish or a piece of foil, place garlic cloves and drizzle with oil. Cover with foil or fold up foil and bake 20-25 minutes till garlic is tender.
3. While the garlic is baking, combine the rest of the ingredients, whisking until smooth.
4. Let garlic cool, mash and add to ingredients. Adjust ingredients according to taste. 
5. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
6. Toss with your favorite wings for a great saucy dish.

NOTE #2: I didn't refrigerate my sauce. I wasn't sure about tossing my hot wings in a cold sauce. Though it's possible refrigerating it would bring out the flavors more. I placed mine on a stove to warm up or another time, I "basted" my wings with the sauce when they were almost cooked.

NOTE #3: I seasoned my wings with season salt, pepper and some garlic powder. Baked at 350-375 till done. 

NOTE #4: I think next time I will refrigerate the sauce, then warm it up slightly and THEN toss the wings in it and see what that does. 

Really, you can't go wrong, AT. ALL. They are just that yummy! 



With Joy UNquenchable,



Comments

  1. I'm gonna try the sauce on some thighs for one of our meals next week. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts