SRC Reveal: Flatbread Pizza

It's been quite awhile since group D has had a reveal. I was feeling nervous hoping I wouldn't forget the day, forget if I remembered to sign up for February's reveal, forget to make and post my recipe. Thankfully, I didn't forget any of them. Phew! The Secret Recipe Club is a place where bloggers gather once a week with 4 different groups sharing the recipes they've created from their secretly assigned blogs. I really enjoy it!
Secret Recipe Club
This month I was assigned the blog K & K Test Kitchen. This blog is a collaboration of the mother daughter team of Kelsey and Kim. There blog originated as a way to test out recipes that Kelsey had collected from cookbooks and blogs. Check out their About Me Page for  more information on their lives. 

I had several recipes marked to possibly try. These decisions are always so hard! But I finally settled on their Brussels Sprout and Chicken Pizza.  I'm really the only one in my family who likes brussels sprouts but thought maybe in this fashion everyone would eat them! Guess what? They did! We also had a few other toppings that my girls love...BBQ sauce for their base and chopped peppers. This has become a new favorite. They were so easy to put together and I loved it so much that I didn't miss the traditional "sauce" for a base. 

Let's get on with the recipe. I stayed pretty true to their recipe, but I did make sure I took the time to find some pancetta since they had mentioned that it was something that the original one they ate had on it. Glad I did. I have never used Pancetta...I love it. 


Ingredients:

1 flatbread crust (I purchased a pack of greek flatbread..there were 5 in the pack so we made individual ones)
3 Tbs. olive oil
2 cloves garlic (I just realized I think I forgot this..how on earth did I forget garlic?...that's a crime)
1 pinch red pepper flakes (seriously...forgot this too? good grief! Guess I need to make this again)
1 c. shredded brussels sprouts (used my food processor)
salt and pepper
chopped or shredded cooked chicken
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. goat cheese crumbled

Instructions (according to what I did)

1. Cook Pancetta in a small pan. Mine came diced so I just threw it in till it looked done. I've never cooked with it so really didn't know.
2. Preheat oven to 400. Place flatbreads on oven rack and bake until a bit browned. You could skip this, but I was going for a crunchy crust.

3. Combine oil, pepper and garlic, or if you're like me and completely forgot those last two items, just brush the crust with oil. 

4. I used my food processor with the slicing blade on it to shred the brussels sprouts. Worked quickly and perfectly. Combine with 1 tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

5. Now that you have everything ready...assemble! I put mozzarella down first then topped with shredded chicken, pancetta, sprouts then goat cheese crumbled on top. 
6. Place back in oven and cook until cheese is melted! Devour!!
Thank you ladies for an amazing recipe. This seriously is a new favorite...too bad my hubby wants to go Paleo for awhile to try and lose weight. This may be a treat day!


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. What a great looking recipe. We love an easy meal like this. Your recipe turned out wonderful, happy SRC day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was super easy and I seriously could have eaten two all by myself!

      Delete
  2. Yum! Can't go wrong with pancetta. Had to pin this to try later - it looks so delicious! Happy reveal day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And it was the first time I've cooked with Pancetta. I don't think it will be the last

      Delete
  3. I love brussels on pizza! The pancetta sounds like an awesome addition too!! Our friends just got a pizza oven, so I will definitely be trying something like this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brussels sprouts on pizza? i gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. that's what I thought...brussels sprouts on pizza? But it was extremely good!

      Delete
  5. These toppings sound awesome! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were divine!!!! I didn't even miss regular sauce

      Delete
  6. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy! I love Brussels sprouts. I am a big believer in people trying them a different way. I have had many converts. I think most people have just had them one way steamed. We like to eat them shaved in a salad. BTW-Your pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish my fam liked them more, but hey this way worked! I like the idea of putting them in salads.

      Delete
  7. Yum!! Looks awesome:) Great pick~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recipe for a weeknight meal! I will definitely have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using flatbread for pizza is such a great shortcut! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could eat pizza every day. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great pizza! And perfect for Super Bowl Football eats!! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My family and I love pizza, so much so that we have pizza night at our house once a week. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get my family to try this, they're so unadventurous sometimes, but I cant WAIT to. PINed it. Great job this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very interesting topping! Would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh that pizza sounds so good! I need to try this! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I love a flatbread pizza and this one looks SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kirstin! Thanks so much for your kind words about our blog. Sorry it's taken me so long to come by to say hello! Glad you enjoyed the flatbread and yes, definitely make it again with the garlic... yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you everyone for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on a home-made version of pizza. We love pizza, specially one we can put together at home. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts