Recipe: Creamy Avocado Dressing and Walnut Taco Crumbles

I am not one that experiments much with recipes. I am always afraid I'll mess up and waste ingredients! Today I stretched myself and experimented. I was craving a salad with the walnut taco crumbles I had made the day before, but realized that I didn't have any ranch dressing. On my way home from work I was trying to think of what I could do. I was thinking "I bet a creamy avocado dressing would be good". As soon as I walked through the door I hit the net to see what I could find. I found one and then adjusted it to fit my tastes. It got two thumbs up from my youngest daughter which that in and of itself is a miracle. I knew it was a winner when said she liked it. 
Ingredients:

1 Avocado
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. olive oil
1 garlic clove
onion or green onion to taste (I put in a little reg. onion)
1/8-1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
3Tbs. give or take of lime juice
1/4 c. raw cashews
1 tsp. honey
1 tbs. plain yogurt
1/2 Tbs. cilantro leaves

Instructions:

1. In the bowl of a food processor (or could use a blender), place avocado, cashews and yogurt. Pulse a few times to get the cashews to combine well. 

2. Add remaining ingredients except water and oil. Turn processor on and slowly add liquids. Mix until smooth. Refrigerate and enjoy. 

Makes about 2 cups. 

When I want  a meatless addition to salads or even in a tortilla I make Walnut Taco Crumbles..these are so tasty and you really won't miss the meat. The avocado dressing was perfect with it. 

What do you need? 

Walnuts
Cumin
Coriander
Chili Powder
Cayenne Pepper 
Tamari

Add all ingredients but Tamari to blender or Food Processor. Combine well. Watch the texture. You don't want to over process it. It should resemble ground meat. Add Tamari. Process again. This is all based on taste. Keep checking the flavor to your liking. 

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Our farmer's market has a vegan booth and they sell the most amazing walnut "meat" tacos. I am all over trying your recipe. Our family isn't vegan, but good food is good food!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts