Easy Artisan Bread

I. LOVE. BREAD! There's just no getting around it. Could be because I'm 1/2 Italian, or it could just be that I love bread because what's not to love. So, when my husband said he wanted to go wheat free for the month of October I was like, "say WHAT!?" 

I decided to celebrate by making a loaf of Artisan No-Knead bread the day before we quit. I had wanted to make this a few days prior but as I was looking for recipes, I realized I needed more time in my day, but this was something I have always wanted to try. I am happy to announce that it was a complete success. 

I browsed the internet searching for recipes and finally settled on one from The Baker Chick. Her recipe for No-Knead Crusty Artisan Bread was easy to understand, had pictures (which I love) and was similar to many others I found so I went with it! Go check out her blog and show her some love. 

Here's all ya gotta do for this super easy bread. The main issue is the time, but I mixed my dough up in about 5 minutes at 9:00 at night, and the next morning at 7:00 I was preheating my oven and finishing it up. By 9:00 it was done and ready to eat. 



Ingredients:

3 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 c. lukewarm water (mine was 110 degrees)
1-2 tsp. salt (I only used 1 tsp.)
1 tsp. yeast

Instructions:

1. In a large bowl stir the flour, salt and yeast. Add water and stir until combined (The Baker Chick says it should look like a shaggy dough..whatever that is...good thing she had pictures).

2. Cover with plastic wrap and leave out at room temperature for 8-12 hours. The dough will bubble up and rise.
3. After the dough is ready, preheat the oven for 450 degrees.

4. When oven is preheated place dutch oven, with the lid on, in the oven to warm up for 30 minutes. 

5. Meanwhile, with floured hands, remove dough on to a well floured surface and shape in to a ball, let it rest. It is not a firm dough so you are loosely forming it in to a loose ball..remember, no kneading.
6. When pan is done warming in oven, carefully remove it. With floured hands, place dough in pan. If your pan is not enamel on the inside you can put a piece of parchment down.

7. Place the lid back on pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove lid and bake for another 15 minutes, till bread is brown and crusty.

8. Remove from oven. Cool slightly and enjoy. 

We had half the loaf gone in minutes. I should have doubled it!
Excuse the pictures....they were taken with my phone! This bread was perfectly crusty on the outside and moist and yeasty on the inside. My girls made a few grilled sandwiches with it and loved it...guess what I'm making November 1st...yep, this bread, with a nice pot of soup!


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Yum! This is pretty much my go-to bread recipe. I love that you can play around with it a bit, do add-ins like herbs, cheese, etc, or do part whole wheat or whole grain, and it's so easy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts