SRC Recipe: Bacon and Egg Muffin Cups

Once again, it's my favorite Monday of the month. The Monday that I get to post my recipe from The Secret Recipe Club. I am honored to be a part of this great group of bloggers. I am always inspired by their stories, photos, recipes and lives.  

This month was a bit tricky for me. My oldest daughter tore her ACL in mid October and just yesterday had surgery to repair it. This put me in a bit of a frenzy because I wanted to have my recipe made and ready to post so I wouldn't be worried about it. I knew we wouldn't get paid till the middle of last week and I also knew I was trying to get as much done as possible before her surgery, so I wanted to choose a very easy recipe. 


This month I was assigned the blog Cooking Whims. Megan is the blog's author and she seems like a really sweet gal. Check out her About Me page to learn more. 

When choosing a recipe I actually bookmarked a few, one other one being her Avocado and Mushroom Quesadila. I would have been the only one to eat it since no one else likes mushrooms. The one I opted to make was her Bacon and Egg Muffin Cups. Oh my goodness...when I saw the picture I knew I had to try it....bacon, egg, bread, cheese...all combined together. I only made two because that morning it was just Nan and I and I wasn't even sure if she'd like it. She's kind of picky about her eggs. She took one bite and I ended up finishing hers as well. These were easy and a huge success. I saved some bacon and told Kat that I'd make more this next week if she was feeling up to it after surgery. 

On to the recipe. Super simple. Super good! This would make a great brunch recipe!

Ingredients:

6 slices of bacon (I doubled mine)
6 eggs
3 slices of bread
shredded cheese (I used cheddar)

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 400. Heat the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes so that it's still flexible. Meanwhile cut two circles out of each slice of bread. (I used a small biscuit cutter).

2. Spray muffin tins and lay a circle in bread in the bottom of each cup. Wrap the bacon slices around the edge of each muffin cup. Sprinkle cheese on top of bread slices. Crack the egg in to a separate cup and then slide carefully in to muffin cup.
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the whites have set and yolks are done to your liking.
4. Remove carefully from cups. These were yummy and would be great served with hash browns, slices of avocado or whatever you can come up with.
Thank you Megan for a wonderful recipe. I can't wait to try a few more.  






With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. We had each other for this month's SRC!!! That's awesome! So glad you picked these -- they are such a decadent breakfast treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby loves over easy eggs, these look like something he would love. Great SRC pick.
    I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theses breakfast cups are so cute! They look so good :)

    Happy reveal day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These breakfast cups are adorable and look delicious! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look amazing!! Can't go wrong with bacon and eggs. I hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery and I'm sure she will feel better after eating this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious! Cant go wrong with bacon and eggs. Hope your daughter has a speedy recovery and I'm sure the thought of eating these will make her feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you Nan is doing well. This looks like an easy and quick breakfast...great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this unique presentation of familiar breakfast foods. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun recipe! Sounds perfect for breakfast, and not too difficult at all! yumm :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts