Recipe: Pasta with Swiss Chard

The other day I was hungry...I get that way a lot...I LoVe food...A LOT! so, I was scrounging through the refrigerator trying to decide what I wanted to make when I spied with my little eyes some leftover plain spaghetti noodles. "hmmm I said...I wonder what I could do with these?!" 


One of my favorite quick lunches for myself and for my girls sometimes is to take leftover noodles..or make some (usually egg noodles, but spaghetti works great too) and cook them in a bit of butter with some garlic and sometimes italian seasoning...we usually like to let them get a bit crisp. This time though I decided to kick it up just a notch and I added some chopped Swiss Chard to it as it cooked in the pan. SCORE!!! It totally rocked. I topped it off with some shaved parmesan-reggiano. It was perfect. 
 Ingredients: 


Spaghetti noodles (cook em fresh or use leftover)
butter (just enough to coat pan)
Swiss Chard (chopped)
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Shaved parmesan cheese
In a skillet melt the butter. Add noodles and Swiss Chard. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. When noodles are heated through and Swiss Chard is slightly wilted transfer to bowl and top with parmesan cheese. Sorry there were no amounts for the ingredients...it's one of those just throw it in a pan and eye ball it sort of thing!


I'm thinking next time of adding mushrooms to this or even some asparagus. What I loved is that it was super quick and yet looked very elegant and could totally be a complete meal for company...So go ahead and give it a try! You'll love it. 


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts