Recipe: Fall off the bone ribs!

For Kait's birthday dinner she requested BBQ ribs, baked potatoes and salad. We rarely eat pork or beef but do enjoy it on occasion whether when eating out or making it at home. I was a bit nervous, because there is nothing worse than tough ribs or steak. It's really bad when you're serving it to more than just your family. 


The day before, we had went to lunch with some wonderful friends and while the guys were discussing one subject, we talked about how to cook the ribs. See, I love fall off the bone ribs, but I also really, really like when the BBQ sauce is caramelized on the meat. I wasn't sure how I was going to accomplish this. Here is what we came up with.


Ingredients:


Pork Ribs (I bought ours from Costco)
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Little bit of salt
BBQ Sauce....I make mine homemade..I just haven't found a store bought one that I really like. 


I have a large electric roaster that I absolutely LOVE, for many reasons, but the main one is that it frees up oven space. I've used it for making huge batches of chili or spaghetti sauce, cookings roasts and even turkeys in.


I had preheated the roaster to 300. I cut up the ribs into sections so they were easier to work with, then placed them in the roaster and seasoned them with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a bit of salt.  I then cooked the ribs for about 2 hours. Here's where the conversation with my friend came in...we decided that after a few hours I should take the ribs out, place them on the grill and baste them with sauce until they were nicely coated and caramelized. Then they were placed back into the roaster (I actually emptied out any juices that were in the pan), with any remaining BBQ sauce. They cooked for another 2 hours. Can I just say that the results were absolutely amazing! The perfect combo of fall off the bones tender, with a nice caramelized coating of sauce. Oh boy!!! I have to make them again.....SOON!
The only picture I had was this one that Kait took to post on her FB. 


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. SOunds so delicious! I do love a good homemade BBQ sauce. You are right, no store bought brand has that same yummy flavor! Happy Birthday to your Kait!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Look and fantastic this post . Interesting info share in the post. beautiful your idea so thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts