Christmas Party Prep: What to do......What to leave! AND a Recipe

Sometimes you have to make a choice. The choice to go crazy trying to get everything ready for a party or take a step back and decide what's important and what isn't.Yesterday was such a day!
 This was my kitchen a few hours before the party. The fridge was pulled out because I was waiting for my father-in-law to help me with a new filter.

We were hosting a Christmas party with our youth leaders in the evening. The previous two days had not quite gone like I had planned (and I had it all planned...what day we were shopping, when I was baking, what day we were cleaning), which, because those things didn't get done on the allotted days, left a lot to do on the day of the party. It was at that point I chose to only clean that which was most noticeable and just leave the rest alone. I made sure the bathrooms were clean, the floors swept, miscellaneous stuff put away and my kitchen clean, which didn't take too long. The rest of the day was spent baking and making 2 lasagnas. I had time to sit and relax for a few minutes before everyone came. 

When it all comes down to it, there are some things that just aren't important. People came, we ate, laughed, talked, played Bunco, they left and I had the house put back in order in no time. No stress, just fun and relaxation!


I found a recipe on someone's blog for White Chocolate Covered Cranberries and knew I had to try them. They were easy and actually pretty good (if you like the sweet/tart combo).

All you need is one bag of fresh cranberries and I used a package of vanilla bark. While the vanilla bark melted, I put toothpicks into each cranberry. 
Dip them into the vanilla bark and set on a parchment lined baking sheet. 
Place in refrigerator till set. Pull out toothpicks and enjoy!
Aren't they pretty? I had extra vanilla bark so I took a box of Cheerios and dumped some into the pan, stirred to coat and plopped on foil till set. You know what? They were really yummy. I think I found a new treat. 

Tomorrow I am posting on another new recipe I tried.

 

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts