Tasty Tuesday: Chocolate Quiona Cookies

 Do you cook with quinoa? Do you know what it is? I have only started using it in the last 6+ months. It is a wonderful grain that is full of health benefits. It's light and slightly crunchy and can apparently be used in cookies. I've used quinoa in soup, as a rice substitute and have even ground it into flour to use in some homemade granola bars, but when I found this recipe, I knew I just had to try it. They were wonderful. Not overly sweet, but yummy, chocolaty and just right.


I adjusted my recipe slightly. I didn't have Rapadura or Coconut oil so I used Organic Cane Sugar and Canola Oil. A friend of mine made these with GF flour, and while it has eggs, I'm sure a substitute could be used. So go try them. You won't be disappointed.
image from littlepitchers
Ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 c. Rapadura (or organic cane sugar)
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted (or canola/olive oil)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
pinch of cinnamon
6 Tbs cocoa powder
2 c. cooked quinoa


Combine ingredients in the order listed, mixing as you go. Drop by Tbs. onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake on 350 for about 10 minutes. I also added some chopped walnuts.


I'm linking this with Tasty Tuesday.

Apparently I forgot to load the pictures I took and must have deleted them from my camera thinking I had loaded them on the computer, so no pics. I was in a hurry that day, taking Kat to soccer practice, and after a crazy week (see this post), coming home and making Creamy Broccoli and Wild Rice Soup, these cookies, and also making a sandwich and some soup (oh, and I threw in a few cookies) for a young man who the police dropped off at our church and he was in need of something yummy for his tummy!



With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I serve quinoa for lunch every so often!! I love it with salt, pepper, and melted cheese--good with finely chopped, steamed broccoli, too!

    Never thought about adding it to cookies--I will have to bookmark this recipe for sure. And I LOVE using coconut oil, in fact I used it in my pancakes this morning.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. I have never had quinoa before, they don't carry it in the stores here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like cooking. Thanks a lot for this nice informative post keep working and posting the articles online.


    Smith alan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts