Tasty Tuesday: Turkey Kielbasa with Veggies

 I love trying new recipes. I'm not always that great at creating my own, but this one turned out very tasty if I do say so myself. I'm guessing it's probably because it was so simple there is no way it could've flopped!

It was early fall and I remember needing to throw a meal together because our weekend had been busy and we were trying to recuperate from all the busyness. I didn't have a lot of time to put together dinner, but still wanted something that would be remotely healthy.
 Previously I had bought a package of turkey kielbasa (I love kielbasa and thought I'd give the turkey a try....it's very good). I also had an abundance of veggies still in my garden (tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and onion). I did not measure any ingredients, just throw in an amount that looks good to you.


I sauteed some onion in the pan, then added the sliced kielbasa (I cut it in nice size slices). Let that cook a few minutes and then add some sliced red potatoes. As each item cooks, keep adding. I always begin with the items that take a bit longer, ending with the quickest cooking veggie. In this dish, everything is fairly quick cooking. After the potatoes began to get slightly fork tender, I added the zucchini, yellow squash and diced tomato's. I then placed the lid on the pan to let everything heat through before serving. I don't believe I added seasoning because the kielbasa has a lot already, but I may have added some pepper, garlic, italian seasoning.

What a yummy one pan comfort dish. I had some sauerkraut on hand and hubby added some of that to his dish. Super easy, super yummy!!



I'm linking this to Tasty Tuesday.




With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. LOVE the one pan meals! So nice and easy! This looks great for cleaning out the vegetable drawer! Thanks, I'll have to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts