Recipe: Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

 I've been telling you about my quest of finding new recipes that I can serve to those I know and love who have particular dietary restrictions (whether by choice or because of allergies, etc..). 

The recipe I'm sharing today is one I made for the seniors who went on our recent retreat over Memorial Day weekend. Everyone loved them and they were a gigantic hit!

Mine were not as firm as I would have liked and I thinks it's because I couldn't find the right stick butter (Earth Balance), so I used tub and I think that affected the outcome. They were still good and I actually kept them in the freezer and we took them out when we wanted one.

 Printable Recipe
Ingredients:

1/2 c. Earth Balance Butter (sticks)
3/4 c. crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened)
3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers)
1/4 c. maple sugar or other granulated sugar (I used Organic cane sugar)
1 c. grain sweetened or non-dairy chocolate or carob chips (I used dark chocolate chips, and also some leftover white chocolate and semi-sweet...cause I didn't need them all to be vegan)
1/4 c. soy, rice or other nut milk
1/4 c. chopped pecans, almonds, or other preferred nut

Line up to 12 cup muffin tin with liners (I made mine in the mini muffin pans).
 Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix well. 
 Remove from heat. Evenly divide mixture (about 2 TBS. per cup) amongst the cups. Refrigerate until firm (about an hour or so).
In a saucepan, melt chocolate with milk. Spoon evenly over peanut butter cups, sprinkle with nuts and refrigerate until set.
 These are going to be a favorite. I even made some without chocolate on them, and they were just as yummy!!

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. oh yum! they look great. i took a peek at your recipe collection.. you've got a lot stored there! i've added your blog to those i follow. thanks for visiting mine :) (there was a typo on your link and it wasn't working, but i figured out where to find you! hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks DELICIOUS! I ususally use Ghiradelli (sp?) semi sweet chips :) We have dairy allergies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts