Book Review: The Heavenly Host: The Testings of Devotion

I just recently finished reading the book "The Testings of Devotion", which is part of The Heavenly Host Series by Cheryl Dellasega. I was eager to open it's pages as I had never read a fiction book of this nature (0ther than The Shack, and that didn't deal with angels to this degree). Let's get started on the review: Front Cover: I loved the cover. I am definitely drawn to books first by their cover and then by their title and this one grabbed my attention immediately. It was beautifully done and depicted the nature of the book. Back Cover: The back cover was simple. I felt its content was very specific and intriguing. It was well written and done in a way that would draw a potential reader further into its pages. Inside Content: I am fully convinced of the work of Angels on behalf of those of us here on earth. This book was written in such a way that the reader is left constantly wondering how those workings really take place. Throughout the pages Ms. Dellasega weaves a story of intrigue and suspense, joy and hope and even sadness when it seems that all is lost in the lives of a "mortal". I will not do this story justice by trying to explain it. If you want to read more about it, check out the site Heavenly Host Books. I will say that it was well worth reading. I felt it was well written and for someone who loves this kind of fiction it will be an enjoyable read. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 7. I give it this rating because I don't tend to read this type of fiction and it took me awhile to get into it. However, once I did get into it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Much like the Shack, it must be read without a "religious" mindset. I loved envisioning heaven and the heavenly hosts going about their business on a daily basis. I loved wondering how as I go about my day they are surrounding me and I don't even know it. I am not sure I agreed with the angels bringing adversity to strengthen the believers and I'm not sure what my thoughts are in regards to them still being tempted to follow Lucifer after His initial casting out. But, it is fiction and so I was able to read it objectively and would more than likely read it's sequels. With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts