Recipe: Tuscan Turkey Soup

Last week I decided to try another recipe from my new Taste of Home Magazine. The Tuscan Turkey Soup caught my eye, mainly because it used canned pumpkin and 1) I had canned pumpkin in my fridge that needed to be used, and 2) It sounded interesting and was quick to make. I got the soup made and simmering on the stove. When I went back in to check on it I stood perplexed at what I saw in the pan...where did those kidney beans come from, and I didn't put zucchini in this....WHO SABOTAGED MY SOUP I wanted to know! Well, the culprit turned out to be my hubby who took it upon himself to add the leftovers from our Chicken and Vegetable taco dinner the previous night, along with some rice and kidney beans. Boy did I give it to him....albeit nicely! I even admitted that it tasted really good. So my Tuscan soup became TuscanMexican soup. Still it was a good one and could be made again. In a saucepan, saute 1 c. onion, 1 c. celery and 1 c. garlic (I never measure these things), until tender.
Add 2 c. chopped, cooked turkey (or in my case...chicken tenders)
Add to that 1 15 oz can white kidney beans (Cannelini)
1 15 oz. can pumpkin, 2 14 1/2 oz. cans chicken broth, 1/2 tsp. salt and basil and 1/4 tsp. pepper Cook till heated through and if you so desire let someone in your family "sabotage" it and see how it turns out!
I have a few more recipes I want to post but probably won't get to those till tomorrow
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts