Works for Me Wednesday: Being a Book Reviewer

I love to read but I admit that since we've moved into our house I haven't been reading near as much as I used to. I normally don't go out and buy books because for the most part if I read them once, I probably won't read them again and to me that's a waste of money. This is the case mostly with fiction books. I will buy other books if I think they are really good. Recently while visiting my friend Shirley over at Alabama Times I discovered an opportunity to receive free books. Yep. Thomas Nelson Publishing sends you a free book that you choose from their list and all you have to do is read it, and review it on your blog. That's the key, you have to have a blog. How cool is that. I went right over to their website and signed up. I'm waiting for my first book to arrive. It really works for me to find ways to receive "free" items and in this case I'm able to "give" back. I'm able to give a review of a book for others to read. I enjoy reading reviews. They really help me make decisions before buying something. Scoot on over to visit Kristen and others to see what works for them at We Are THAT Family. With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Thanks for the great tip. I'm going to check it out today and hopefully get on the list. I love reading new stuff and this sounds like a great opportunity. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which book did you choose? I got my second one last week, but haven't had a chance to start it.
    Looking forward to seeing your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome deal. I am on my fifth book and have enjoyed reading each one and the reviewing them! Thomas Nelson has a great marketing idea--I wish more publishers would do this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for the tip! I can't wait to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for putting this up.....i just signed up and can't wait to get reading and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I didn't know *anyone* with a blog could become a reviewer. I love books AND it would be a great motivator to get me reading more. Thanks, I'll have to look into it! Great tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts