Still Unpacking

I seriously think I need to have a moving in sale. It's amazing the things you find that you forgot you had....or don't find and realize you need. I was making meatloaf yesterday and realized, as I went to open a can of tomato sauce, that I didn't have a can opener...now who in the world doesn't have a can opener? Apparently me! Apparently I must have figured that I didn't need one anymore? however yesterday I did, so I improvised. I used the sharp end of a bottle opener to work my way around the can!
We are about 97% unpacked. All that's left are 3 large boxes that contain photo albums, scrapbook stuff and pictures. A few boxes that contain paperwork (receipts, etc...) and some miscellaneous stuff. I need to get some storage boxes for these things. The girls have quite a bit that they are getting rid of, and as much fun as it would be to have a "moving in" sale, I think it'll just go to goodwill.
This was the only picture that bothered to load today....I love my new cabinet knobs and handles. These are in the kitchen and downstairs bathroom. The girls have brushed nickel in their bathroom. My stove cooks great. The pre-heat time on the oven isn't too long which is nice. I timed it at 7 minutes. The microwave is great. Last night I re-heated the meatloaf in the 9 x 13 pan. It did great on the gliding tray. Way cool option!
Tomorrow night we are having my inlaws over for dessert and games. Yeah!! Today after church, hubby and I are heading to town to buy some needed items....such as garbage cans....yep, we didn't have those either.....oh, and a can opener. We've gotten several gift cards over the last few months and so we'll use those. 
Well, off to church. I'll check in again later.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Hey Kirstin - just getting caught up on blog reading - there were 14 posts of yours I was behind on! OK, you've been moving and still finding time to blog...how do you do it? You house looks terrific! I'm so happy for you! I can only imagine how exciting it is to move in to the house you've waited so long for and labored over for so long! How rewarding! I'm glad you are loving it so much. And I can't believe you are almost unpacked already - you are fast! When do you sleep? Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are settling in with your family...just in time for the Holidays..thats great!
    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts