First Day of School

This picture was from two years ago, but when I walked into the room that morning I laughed. There's Nan, eating toast, drinking milk and reading the comics. And she was so serious. It has nothing to do with this post but the pictures I took today are still in my camera which is at my inlaws house.
Today was the first day of school for the girls. As I said in an earlier post I was going to wait until we were in the house to start but I'm now watching my niece which takes up the mornings so why not start now.
Last night I spent a good hour and a half just getting their stuff organized. We are watching my niece at my inlaws which meant everything had to go with us. Once we're in the house I'll have my MIL bring her to our house. But for now it means lugging a ton of school books, binders and a laptop to their house. Not to mention anything else we might bring along...like, my camera, which I managed to leave there when we left. Nan spent the first day of school in her pajamas. She said it was "pajama day".
It probably took them a good 1/2 hour to get settled in. They were both very positive about their books. Kat seems to love her Teaching Textbooks math program as well as her Reading Detective CD-Rom for comprehension. Both of those are done on a computer. We have an older laptop that is bulky, but it works great for those two programs. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Most of all...baby was cooperative...oh please baby be that way every day. I was able to take care of her and school the girls. I'm sure all you moms of multiples are saying "what is your problem?", but I haven't had a baby in 9 1/2 years, I'm not used to juggling all of this. My hat goes of to you!
I do plan on purchasing a few of those nice plastic crates to keep everyone's books in. This way they are all neatly in one location. Each girl can have her own that she is responsible for, and I'll have one with all my teacher books in it. Once we go buy supplies we'll also get backpacks, unless we decide to just stick with the crates.
Oh, and hubby's grocery shopping trip for me was very successful. He even came home with $30 left...better than I do. Way to go! That is an area where I really feel a crunch. Groceries...and gas. Especially when I'm trying to cook healthy meals and have healthy snacks. I look at what other budgets are and they have more people in their families, but they also do a lot of casseroles, which I don't do much of. I love them, but rarely are they really healthy. I'll make a casserole once maybe twice a month. It's tricky to stay within the same food budget we've had for years, buy and cook more healthy, fresh meals. I think it'll really help to have my own garden next year. I've been enjoying reading posts on how people are incorporating healthy eating into their lifestyles. I find I'm where alot of people are and that's encouraging.
Tomorrow afternoon the girls and I are heading north to watch my nephew play soccer. Must remember to get camera from inlaws so I can take lots of pictures. We're going to surprise him. It's about an hour drive so we'll leave in plenty of time to make it a worthwhile drive. At his age the games aren't overly long.
I haven't been up to the house today so I haven't seen the concrete inside the house. When I left yesterday it looked really good.
Well, I better quit and go make dinner!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts