Bonfire #2 and Makin Clay

Well, yesterday ended up being a beautiful day! KAT enjoyed going on the treasure hunt, and NAN had a friend come over to spend the day and night with us. KAT brought a friend home for awhile afterwards and they played with the little girls. I ran some errands to pick up some tulips from our local bulb farm. The little girls wanted to make something out of NAN's Gooseberry Patch Kids cookbook. (Oh, I will say, this little friend of NAN's is the best. They get along so well. I love when she comes over.) Well, they decided to make "Sweet Clay"....okay, we followed the directions, but it was so messy I don't think we'd make it again. It never really reached a clay consistency, but they sure had fun. See pictures below. That evening after prayer at the church we had a bonfire at our property. KAT organized it with one of the young adult guys. We had about 20 people there, roasting sausages and marshmallows. It was a blast. Pictures below as well.
Now I'm waiting for everyone to wake up so we can get ready for Church. Mixing the ingredients...it was definitely an interesting recipe. The girls said it tasted good. It used butter, vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar..
Mixing the dough....ughh was this a mess. Adding the food coloring
Licking the fingers....a must. I taped down some wax paper and let them have a go at it. Then we just rolled up the stuff in the paper and threw it all away when they were done.
Hmm...I'm not sure what to do now...
BONFIRE PICS
Now let me just say that we pastor the best youth ever. We love them immensely and they are a huge part of our lives even outside of church. Our girls are surrounded by young people who care about them and love on them all the time. They are also crazy and nutty, and do very weird things at times...
The girls with NAN's friend and one of our high school girls whom they adore.
To explain this picture: We realized that we didn't have many roasting sticks, but I found a few. I came out of the house after giving a tour and two of our young adults were washing off our pitch fork. I jokingly said, "oh, are you going to use that for roasting?", To which they replied "Yep". My response...(Picture Tarzans little elephant friend.."is this sanitary"). Well, they got it good and clean and away they went roasting marshmallows and sausages. Hey, it gets the job done in half the time, and we're all still alive. We joked that we were going to bring these to youth camp this year since we do a bonfire and it takes forever to roast that many marshmallows and hotdogs.
I love our young adults. They are the best!
Have an amazing Sunday everyone! I'm so glad that we celebrate Jesus's resurrection every day of the year! I pray that those who spent the day with loved ones who don't know Him as their savior were able to impart the reality of who He is into their lives.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts