AAAHH!! What do I make for Dinner?

I almost laughed when I read the challenge for this weeks themed WFMW. If you know me, which you don't, you'd know that I am not a "throw it together" kind of person. Not that I don't want to be, but I just have never been that creative in the kitchen...give me a recipe and I'm good, but create my own or throw something together..I panic. But I have a few ideas.
One thing we do if there's hardly any time for a drawn out cooked meal, is to have "whatever night". Oftentimes we are not all home at dinner time and maybe have somewhere to go. So whatever night is a night when everyone can have whatever they want, whatever they can find. AD2 usually chooses a pancake or waffle, AD1 will do cereal, fruit salad, or smoothie, or they'll opt for some canned soup (I always try to keep a few cans on hand). Hubby will opt for cereal, and I'll do the same, or have some salad.
The other quick fix meals would be tuna casserole, breaded chicken strips with homemade fries because they don't take long to make. Salad with cut up chicken. On days when I know I'm not going to have much time to cook I pre-plan a quick meal. Or....we stop in at my in-laws and eat there!
I can't wait to read everyone elses posts and get a new list of ideas.

Comments

  1. Leftover night at your house sounds great. When can I stop by?;-)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts