Tube Pan Planter

I follow a lot of pages and some blogs that highlight the greatness of re-using, up-cycling and all that jazz. I love the ideas I see out there and it inspires me to think twice before I just throw something in the garbage. A few months ago I made a cake but made the mistake of running a knife around it and literally destroyed it. I was ready to toss it in the garbage when the thought came to me that I could find a way to re-use it.  But what exactly could I do with it? I decided on a planter. It would be cute on my back porch table. 
Off to the store I went and purchased some simple plant starts. I had recently purchased some Miracle-Gro Organic potting mix from Costco. Best deal! $9.99 for a 55qt. bag! That is a great deal. I ended up going back for two more bags. 


You know the drill on planting. I'm so happy with how it turned out. Don't be afraid to use what you have for something different than what it was created for. The picture below and at the top is how it looks now..it's begun filling out.

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts