Recipe: Sausage and Potato Hash


A few weeks ago my hubby came home with some Aidell's Chicken and Apple Sausage from Costco. We've been making it in a skillet loaded with veggies similar to this dish, which I'll be revising and updating soon. So good and hearty. I had made the sausage/veggie dish and had two extra links and decided they would be perfect in a hash. I was right! This would be great if you added peppers, but I was making it for myself and my youngest and she doesn't like peppers, so a simple potato, sausage and onion hash was what was going to happen.

I just made the vegetable dish again yesterday because it is so easy. It would be easier if I planned ahead and pre-cut the veggies.  This morning my hubby re-heated the leftovers and added it to scrambled eggs! I love dishes that are versatile. 

Ingredients:

Olive or Canola oil
1-2 Aidell's Chicken and Apple Sausage (or flavor of choice)
1-3 potatoes (depending on size and people served)
onion chopped
garlic powder
salt
pepper
onion powder
cayenne pepper

Instructions:
1. Slice or cube sausage (I like it cubed), peel and cube potatoes. If they are small enough, there is no need to pre-cook, but if you opt for bigger cubes, I recommend cooking them a little first.
2.  In a large skillet heat oil. Add sausage and chopped onion. Cook until it begins to brown nicely. 
3. Add potatoes and seasonings. Season to taste and generously. Cook until potatoes are tender. Serve immediately.

I have a Pampered Chef French Fry Cutter and I love using this to cut uniform cubes of potatoes for soups or this hash. 

This dish would be awesome in a breakfast burrito as well. The options are limitless.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts