The Simple Woman's Daybook


Years ago I started participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook group and enjoyed it but for some reason stopped participating. Lately I've discovered that I get so caught up in the ho-hum of the everyday that I forget to just stop and ponder, or slow down and be creative and intentional. I wanted to do something to get myself going again. I came across an old post I had done and thought "why not start this up again." We'll see how it goes.



FOR TODAY

Outside my window...The sky is gray and cloudy, the trees in our yard stand tall and majestic...I love looking out my front window.

I am thinking...of the week ahead and the things I want to accomplish. I am also thinking  I want to rearrange things in my house. 

I am thankful...for the life I live, even when it's hard and I wonder where the journey we are on is going to take us.

In the kitchen...tacos for dinner tonight, fresh juice to be made sometime this week and maybe some banana bread. 

I am wearing...my favorite Adidas capris and t-shirt

I am creating...I have been wanting to stretch myself when it comes to taking pictures so I've joined a few "photo challenges". 

I am going...to be intentional about working out this week. I need to get back in to being fit and healthy.

I am wondering...what amazing adventures lie ahead.

I am reading...too many books at once...lol. A few fiction. Just finished "So You Don't Want to go to Church Anymore" (which isn't anti-church by the way, just makes us ask why we do what we do). So good.

I am hoping...that sometime soon I am able to go through a day without thinking about some of the events of the last several months and the hurt and sadness that goes along with it.

I am looking forward to...the weekend...my daughter's 16th birthday and some soccer!

I am learning....to embrace change and being willing to think different than I've thought before. 

Around the house...a little one is playing (we babysit), my youngest is still sleeping the morning away and I am enjoying some "me" time.

I am pondering...people's inability to recognize how their words/actions have affected others and their inability to take ownership of or even see the mess they created.

A favorite quote for today..."Time will tell the whole story if you wait out the critics and stay your course"

One of my favorite things...the reality of knowing how deeply God loves me!

A few plans for the rest of the week:grocery shopping, soccer practice, the list goes on.

A peek into my day...work and babysitting, getting things done around the house. Knocking out the to-do list. I have always loved planners..this is my newest and I'm liking being creative with it as a way of inspiring me to remember what needs remembering.



(add your picture here)With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Love your quote! I was thinking of joining a photo challenge for this month, but with starting a new job, I think I am going to hold off until next month and join one! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I loved the quote too. Hope your new job is going well.

      Delete
  2. I love your planner. Hope your week is a good one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...It's a new one I just got this year. So far I'm liking it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kirstin, I was also sporadic posting to the Daybook and have started up again for much the same reasons as you, just taking time to review and fellowship with other like-minded women.
    I hope you don't think I'm too forward when I say, whatever happened that hurt you, I pray that God will help you find a way to forgive them. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siggie, you were not too forward and I can honestly say I have forgiven them for the most part, but the hurt is still there. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts