Vegan Muffins

  
I was torn between recipes to share on the Tasty Tuesday site, but decided on the Vegan Muffins. Check out this link for the Peach Crisp I made on Friday from The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook or this link for the Homemade Frozen Burritos

Head over to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for more Tasty Recipes.

These muffins are so good that you don't even miss the eggs or butter. I made them Saturday morning to serve for breakfast with fresh fruit. Our girls were doing a car wash and had some friends spend the night on Friday. One of the girls is their friend who is Vegan. 

I made 12 muffins and between 3 girls and my hubby they disappeared. I didn't even get one. Guess I'll just have to make them again!!


The recipe is for a vanilla cake. There are additions listed below it. This recipe could also be made into a single layer cake if you wanted to.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar (I used organic cane sugar)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. Water
1 Tbs. vinegar
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients. Spray muffin pan and fill to desired level. Cook in a 350 degree oven till tests done.

ADDITIONS: For Chocolate cake, add 1/4 c. cocoa powder. For Banana cake substitute 1 c. smashed bananas for the 1 c. water and cut sugar to 2/3 c.

I made the banana version and also added a bunch of walnuts. You could also add some chocolate chips as well.

Enjoy!!

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. The muffins look great but the peach crisp looks REALLY awesome! I love PW's recipes, I haven't made this one though! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your muffins look delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts