Recipe: Starbucks Pumpkin Scones


I posted this original recipe last year, but seeing as it's fall I wanted to re-post it. I'm linking it to Tasty Tuesday. I'm also linking it to Family fresh cooking's Happy Post (see link badge below)

I promised a yummy scone recipe and I'm here to deliver!! I am not a scone fan and I'm not really a pumpkin fan either, but this recipe and this combination even has me wanting more. A wonderful friend gave me this recipe and I've made it several times and I have enough pumpkin to make it several more times! Tammy over at Tammy's Recipes posted a similar recipe the other day. Hers looked prettier....but that's okay. These can be made with some wheat flour, which Tammy did (I'll try that next time). My girls also added a few chocolate chips on top of a few (not inside because we didn't think about it till after they were cut out, so we pushed them into the top).
My beautiful helper Kat!!
Happy Post – FamilyFreshCooking.com
Also check out this recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins....
On to that recipe!! Make a batch, or two or three and enjoy. One note...I made mine a little thinner to get 2 more scones.

(Printable Recipe)

Scones

Powderered Sugar Glazze

Spiced Glaze

Directions

  1. TO MAKE THE SCONES:.
  2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
  3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Using a pastry knife, fork, or food processor, cut butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and no chunks of butter are obvious. Set aside.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, half and half, and egg. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Form the dough into a ball
  5. Pat out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form it into a 1-inch thick rectangle (about 9 inches long and 3 inches wide). Use a large knife or a pizza cutter to slice the dough twice through the width, making three equal portions. Cut those three slices diagonally so that you have 6 triangular slices of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 14–16 minutes. Scones should begin to turn light brown. Place on wire rack to cool.
  7. TO MAKE THE PLAIN GLAZE:.
  8. Mix the powdered sugar and 2 tbsp milk together until smooth.
  9. When scones are cool, use a brush to paint plain glaze over the top of each scone.
  10. AS THAT WHITE GLAZE FIRMS UP, MAKE THE SPICED ICING:.
  11. Combine the ingredient for the spiced icing together. Drizzle this thicker icing over each scone and allow the icing to dry before serving (at least 1 hour). A squirt bottle works great for this, or you can drizzle with a whisk.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Those scones look great--I will need to try them out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Scones are probably my favorite indulgence to make and these sound delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts